Tuesday, March 16, 2010

New Foods To Experience

Hello family and friends!
I hope things are going great in the states! I have heard less than pleasant news about Haiti and Chile though...this week during a devotional, one of our leaders, Sister Christopherson spoke about after the earthquake, there was a man who knew where his children were, but they were trapped under concrete and he did not have the tools to help them. He used a tube to give them water until rescue workers came with the tools to help him save them.

She compared our work as missionaries to that of the rescue workers. Many people in the world feel trapped and fall through the cracks, unable to find a way out. Our commission is to help them find the way out, to help them find hope and strength and the path to true happiness, or the gospel.

This is my last week here in the Sao Paulo MTC until I head down to Curitiba! I will miss it here, but I am incredibly excited to go. This week was great, my companions and I walked around downtown Sao Paulo talking with people about The Book of Mormon. It was an awesome experience, the streets were crazy though, so many people everywhere and vendors everywhere you look.

One man we spoke with, Pedro Paulo, actually stopped us as we were walking down a crazy crowded street and said, "Thank you for the work you are doing! There is something different about you, I can see it in your faces. There are so many problems in this world and problems in Brazil, and these people need what you have!"  But we gave him a copy of The Book of Mormon and his friend Augosto as well. They were both so excited and said they would read. We told them that we knew it was true and it would strengthen them and answer the questions of their souls.

Tonight at the MTC they are serving banana pizza! It sounds very strange, but it is pizza with chocolate and banana and it is quite possibly my new favorite food of all time! But it is probably tied with pastels still, the crepe-like, fried desserts filled with whatever toppings your choose! :D
Well, a great week to all!

2 comments:

  1. Hey this is a friend of Jenny's from BYU... What is her new address now that she's in Curitiba. I wrote her a letter :) Thanks for keeping this blog updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sara, This Is Jennys Brother Adam, She recently left the MTC and the address does need to be updated so I will get that information for you and post it!

    ReplyDelete