I have two more weeks here in the MTC in Sao Paulo until I leave for Curitiba! I love it here, but I am anxious to get out into the field. This week it rained and rained all week, and it was actually cold! I had to wear my coat, which was so weird. Today is just overcast and nice though.
Things are great still in the MTC, right after I finish emailing, I´m going to my district to a place just like Tccanos, but better! We´ll walk over there with our teacher, Brother Diniz. :) And it costs half what Tocanos does and it´s authentic. I´m excited.
I am still learning a lot of Portuguese but wishing I knew more! But last night was great, we had a devotional speaker who had us read in The Book of Mormon, in First Nephi where God commands Nephi to build a ship to carry his family to America. Nephi had to pray again and again for the help and guidance of Heavenly Father, he did not just pray once and have a ship. The speaker said that we have our own ship to build, learning Portuguese and preparing to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ. To do accomplish this, we cannot just pray once, we must pray often and ask for strength. I think it is like that for everyone. Be it work or school or making important life decisions. God will lead us if we pray and seek him often, not just once.
No comments:
Post a Comment