Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Parabéns

This week, so many things happened! Today was transfers, and I was positive that I would stay in my first area, the Acordes Ward, and my companion Sister Concha who had been there for six months would leave. We were both very surprised when we found out we were both being transferred, and we are still companions! We have both been transferred to an area that has been closed for 5 months, so we will be starting from scratch in this area.

When we first found out though, we were sick, because we thought they were closing our area, and the first thing we thought of was our investigators, especially those who we are helping stop smoking. But a HUGE blessing from the Lord is that they are putting Elders in that area! I was very happy.

I am very excited though for my new area, our ward mission leader just returned from his mission recently, and we have 10 ward missionaries! We still have so much to do as far as cleaning our apartment which is VERY dirty, and as of right now, I only know the names of two streets. The chapel where our ward meets is not in our proselyting area, we take two buses to get there, but ok, seriously, this week is going to be amazing. This Sunday, Elder Holland of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles is visiting our ward for a special conference! How crazy and exciting. Our ward mission leader told us to prepare, because likely something will occur where he will want us to teach one of the missionary lessons to him! CRAZY! We´ll see what happens!

The weather here has been insane, one week was so cold I thought I would die, now it´s super hot...haha, four seasons in a day just like Utah. I pray that things are going great for everyone back in the states, and congratulations to everyone who graduated from BYU! Congrats in Portuguese is "para bens!" :D
Well, until next week! Tchau!

No comments:

Post a Comment