Sunday, January 17, 2010

First Four Days At The MTC!

Hello Everyone!

This is Sister Harper, I am so excited that I have the chance to write to you all today!

Things are going great here, I love my district and my two compaions, Sister Davis (who is going to Belem, Brazil) and Sister Marshall (who is going to Brasilia, Brazil). The three of us share a room with two other sisters going to Brazil...but I can't remember where they are going. :)

I love our teachers, Brother Slater and Brother Mattheson. They served in Portugal, so their accents are a little different than Brazillians would have, but they teach powerfully and I feel like I have already learned so much from them.

Because there are so many Brazillian missionaries though, there aren't always teachers for us, like yesterday when we were in our classroom as a distric for eight hours studying! Luckily I and another Elder, Elder Kupp were able to help answer questions about pronunciation from our past Portuguese experience, but we're certainly not experts! They are going to have us each set up SKYPE accounts so we can talk to teachers in the Sao PauloMTC in Brazil, so that should help.

Even though the rest of my district is starting from square one with the language, I'm glad to be there with them because we learned how to pray in Portuguese, and how to testify, so that has been great!

Still waiting on the visa, and I cannot wait to get out and serve, but I love being here, it has been awesome so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment